Working in the Netherlands

You are going to work in The Netherlands. In order to do this, you need a Dutch Social Security number (BSN).

In order to apply for a BSN, you have to make an appointment or make a phonecall: 0031 314 377 377. But first you have to download the two formulars(externe link) below, fill them in and bring them with you at the appointment:

  • Request for registration in the Non-residents Records Database
  • Statement of consent for registration of additional contact data in the Non-residents Records Database (RNI)

Making an appointment

For more information please visit the website:
The appointment will be at the city hall. You will find the city hall of the municipality of Doetinchem at Raadhuisstraat 2, 7001 EW Doetinchem.

Living in the Netherlands

When staying longer than four months in the Netherlands, you must register at the Municipal Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen or BRP). To do so, you must go to the town hall of the municipality where you live.

Registering more than 8 persons

Do you want to make arrangements for the application of a BSN for more than 8 persons, or are you the contact person for an employment agency? Please register at and we will contact you for an appointment.

Changing address outside the Netherlands

If you live outside the Netherlands and your address has changed, you can make a request for a change off address in the Personal Records database for Non-Residents (RNI). Please download the formular and put a copy of a valid proof of ID to it.

Download change request address